Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Question For Pro-Choice People
(05-17-2020, 05:34 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree.  I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the mask in protecting me, but if someone with a great deal more experience and knowledge than me thinks there's a chance it might help, then it's a minor inconvenience, if any at all.  I feel like it might set some people at ease in the case that I do interact with people in a store, public, etc.  

At work, I have zero choice.  I am required to wear a mask, glasses (not anything new), and now a full plastic face shield at all times, or I can go find another job.  People complaining about private shops and businesses asking people to wear them are the biggest joke of all.  Private entities an ask you to do whatever, as you aren't obligated to shop anywhere.  

Pretty hilarious that some of the people feel the need to open carry in case of the the astronomical chance that they run into an active shooter, yet they won't wear a simple mask to help protect vulnerable people from a potentially lethal virus.  I guess they only want to be "heroes" if they get to be on the news and play John Wayne after it's over.

From my understanding the effectiveness of the mask to protect YOU relies on widespread use of masks. It's the takes 2 to tango thing. Apparently that's too much to ask. In the thread from jungle noise that was merged here someone said shamed into wearing them. No one is shaming, but like Belsnickle said... I'm silently judging those don't though. I wear one indoors for them, and they don't return the courtesy. In that same thread I was also asked if I feared the flu. Literally nothing I posted prior indicated that I was afraid of anything. So I can only guess that there is a machismo element to this too.

Our country is in really bad shape if a public health crisis that effects every man woman and child who lives here can be politicized. I fear we are moving toward irreconcilable differences. The internet and social media seem to be too much for Americans to handle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Question For Pro-Choice People - jason - 05-17-2020, 06:30 PM