Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And finally some common sense from a dem.
(05-18-2020, 02:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A little extreme but yeah, I got excited about it. The stimulus should be about the virus and nothing else. No reason to slide stuff in there that doesnt apply. It's one of those things where you add things that are important to you that has nothing to do with Rona, then say GOP is bad for voting against it. Do you really care about the american people if you are using the pandemic as a political edge? 

When I saw this same complaint about the first bill, I realized people were complaining about maybe 5% of the spending in it. Someone put flashy key words to describe spending that made it seem non-essential, but it was for various programs directly affected by the pandemic. 

It added up to a fraction of what was being given to large corporations. It also misses the mark when the same people championed tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans that led to massive deficits during an expansion and limited our ability to fund things during an emergency. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: And finally some common sense from a dem. - BmorePat87 - 05-18-2020, 02:44 PM