Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And finally some common sense from a dem.
(05-18-2020, 05:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: One of the reason's Boeing is cash poor is because of their stock buy back program combined with increasing their dividends.  I have very little pity for them.

Well now wait a minute. Think about this for a sec. It's not so much about the flow of money than it is the backing. Many company's have cut or eliminated their dividend in these trying times. Investors pulled out at that point and their stock prices plummeted. I'm not complaining by any means because it gave me, the avg joe, the opportunity to invest in these stocks. Increasing dividends is like cheese to a mouse for investors. Specially the likes of those like Buffet. Kind of a scratch my back I'll scratch yours thing. 

I remember when I was a kid and the local bank was offering 7.99% interest. My friend (who was money smart unlike me) tried to convince me to save. Of course I didn't because I had a girlfriend, a car, etc. I needed every penny I earned. I kick myself in the ass now tho. Specially when my bank offers .01%. That's ridiculous when they are making 5-10 times that on my money. I pulled most out and invested with Ameritrade. In just a few months I've increased 10%. I have been so money stupid for a long time. Might be a little to late, but it's something.

Just realized I stopped making my point in the first paragraph. Sorry about that. LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: And finally some common sense from a dem. - HarleyDog - 05-18-2020, 05:51 PM