Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms
Here's where Trump haters run into problems. Just because he's a buffoon doesn't mean he's always completely off point. Social media has protections based on the assumption that they are a platform for the views of others, not a content creator. If you are a platform then you need to be an equal opportunity platform, much like the baker who was censured for not making a gay wedding cake your rules must apply equally. If you are not enforcing terms of service in an equal manner than you are, by definition, discriminating, something I think we can all agree is wrong. That this is actually happening has been demonstrated on numerous occasions; e.g. person reports tweet flaming men and said tweet is not censured. Same person tweets exact same quote replacing "men" with "women" and is censured. I absolutely understand that there is a human element to this but I think there is a very credible argument to be made that TOS is not equally applied on many social media platforms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-28-2020, 04:02 PM