Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms
(05-28-2020, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think even the bulk of Trump supporters would prefer he lay off twitter.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that tech companies have a left leaning bias.  They're largely based in the bay area and being left leaning is close to compulsory in most of urban CA.  Anecdotally I was at a party with my then girlfriend and someone there started spouting off about the evils of gun ownership.  My girlfriend basically pleaded with me not to respond to them because of how it would be received.  I should note this was her work party, my personal friends have a rather more liberal (in the classic sense of the term) bent.

It's how this bias expresses itself in enforcing TOS that causes problems.  It's demonstrably an issue and pretending it's not actually adds fuel to Trump's allegations.

I think the issue isn't that Trump posts right wing stuff so much as he posts incendiary bullshit.  So much of his popularity comes from being this unsavory asshat and pissing people off that it's hard to take any of his moaning over being picked on seriously. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms - Nately120 - 05-28-2020, 05:25 PM