Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms
(05-28-2020, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think even the bulk of Trump supporters would prefer he lay off twitter.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that tech companies have a left leaning bias.  They're largely based in the bay area and being left leaning is close to compulsory in most of urban CA.  Anecdotally I was at a party with my then girlfriend and someone there started spouting off about the evils of gun ownership.  My girlfriend basically pleaded with me not to respond to them because of how it would be received.  I should note this was her work party, my personal friends have a rather more liberal (in the classic sense of the term) bent.

It's how this bias expresses itself in enforcing TOS that causes problems.  It's demonstrably an issue and pretending it's not actually adds fuel to Trump's allegations.

Call me crazy, but I think the leader of the free world should be fact checked.  This would be a completely different conversation if the label had been placed on something that wasn't demonstrably false.  

I remember a time when the GOP was all about the Free Market and not getting involved in private business concerns.  That group probably say, we'll we can just buy build our own social media.

New GOP only likes the free market when convenient.  Case in point, broadband accessibility.  Interesting that the GOP has been so adamantly behind stifling competition and outright barring new entrants who could give internet access to un / underserved populations and drive down prices for everyone. 

While I think this is a silly attempt at getting his base all riled up against twitter and diverting from the fact that he's a con-man, Twitter / F*ckbook are partially to blame for not beating him down much earlier.  He's painted himself into a corner and will be blasting off even crazier shit knowing they'll be timid to call him out.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms - Vas Deferens - 05-28-2020, 05:30 PM