Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms
(05-28-2020, 04:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's where Trump haters run into problems. Just because he's a buffoon doesn't mean he's always completely off point. Social media has protections based on the assumption that they are a platform for the views of others, not a content creator. If you are a platform then you need to be an equal opportunity platform, much like the baker who was censured for not making a gay wedding cake your rules must apply equally. If you are not enforcing terms of service in an equal manner than you are, by definition, discriminating, something I think we can all agree is wrong. That this is actually happening has been demonstrated on numerous occasions; e.g. person reports tweet flaming men and said tweet is not censured. Same person tweets exact same quote replacing "men" with "women" and is censured. I absolutely understand that there is a human element to this but I think there is a very credible argument to be made that TOS is not equally applied on many social media platforms.

No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Why?

Because the shoeless and the shirtless aren’t protected classes. Neither are liars.

Trump doesn’t have a right to use Twitter. If he wants to spread false allegations of murder, he can do it at his local tanning salon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-29-2020, 04:24 AM