Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lot of people here don't know the law. If the owner is inside a locked business when people break in he is usually considered justified in killing them.  

If someone tries to set a building or car on fire and you are inside then you are usually justified in killing that person.

If a person is runing away with your property you can't shoot him.

I recall reading a few years ago a woman in the parking lot of a Home Depot or Lowes opening fire at a guy in a vehicle driving away who had stolen stuff from the store.  She was completely shocked why she wasn't being lauded as a would-be hero by opening fire in a public space. I believe her quote was "From now on I'm never going to try to help anyone again."

Around that same time a buddy and I were in line at a Home Depot getting something and a guy ran out the door with some merchandise and my buddy was carrying and had a permit and he sort of shrugged and said he wasn't going to a shoot a man in the back over something the store had insurance to cover.

We just have this romanticized hero fantasy about being forced to save the day through some sort of sharpshooting and/or martial arts we don't actually know.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - Nately120 - 06-03-2020, 03:23 PM