Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 07:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm with you on that. It's just as simple, to me, as saying that I value human life more than any property. My property is not worth the loss of my life or the life of anyone else.

That and the idea that the moment I decide to introduce the threat of death to the intruder the stakes have raised for him as well and he may very well find himself in a position where he's suddenly having to put killing me on the to-do list, now.  So in short, my property isn't worth putting a desperate person into the most desperate state of them all where he feels the need to protect his own life against me taking it.  "I'm here to steal your TV."  "Oh yeah, well I'm going to kill you."  "Geez, ok well I guess I'm going to have to put the TV on hold and possibly kill YOU now."  

I have a friend and his old man owns a business and one of their employees was stealing from them and he was telling me how this guy carries a gun and they're going to confront him but it's ok because they have a revolver and there are two of them and he won't know why they're there to talk to him and I just said "Don't we pay the police to do stuff like this for us?"

Hats off to law enforcement or military personnel who willingly enter into dangerous situations (after buttloads of training, of course) but the layperson's assumed zeal for life and death situations is just based in fantasy.

(06-03-2020, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: People are saying you should be able to defend yourself from someone who enters your property by force and threatens your livelihood. 

Not one person is saying you should exchange a life for a TV on Let's Make a Deal. 

I'm glad we agree, but I think there is also evidence that there are plenty of people in this country who think opening fire and killing someone who isn't threatening your life is justifiable.  I'd wager a lot of what is going on now is due to people thinking being a black male is dangerous enough to warrant the threat of lethal force.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - Nately120 - 06-03-2020, 08:47 PM