Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Democrats On Gun Control
(06-03-2020, 04:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And that's fair, you're welcome to it as is your right. Are you also staunchly anti-abortion?

I'm not particularly religious, but not sure I would consider myself atheist. Maybe a lukewarm agnostic?

Either way, if the looters and arsonists treated their OWN life as if it's sacred and if they believed that no piece of property in this earth was worth stealing and burning in exchange for their life, then there'd be no problem. They value ruining other people's lives more than preserving their own life, and I find it hard to agree with letting innocent people become victims because of it.

- - - - - - - -

EDIT: I'm a little out of my depth on religious talk, but didn't the Old Testament have quite a few things where death was the punishment?

To the first question, I'm mixed on the issue. I don't agree with abortions for abortion sake. But in the instance where the mother is in danger, rape or incest, or of the child won't make it to term, that's up to the mother and her physicians. I'm glad I'll never have to consider any of those.

To the edit: it did. Part of Christianity was Christ doing away with the old laws, so stoning a woman for adultery wasn't a thing any more. You could also eat shellfish. People rejoiced.

The problem now (and since Christ's time really) is people still want to pick and choose. They want to use the nt to justify wearing polyester and the ot for condemning gays. Kind of a 'love your cake but hate it too' situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question For Democrats On Gun Control - Benton - 06-03-2020, 08:58 PM