Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal
(06-05-2020, 01:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cute that you're telling me to stop it Wink.

Sorry, but you have to play Devil's Advocate in this situation (which, frankly, I don't know if you EVER have, in regards to this team).

I'm still contending that is PA was not a coach on this team, Andrew Whitworth would still be our LT.

But at the time, it was not a bad move: in hindsight, it absolutely was.

You watched that video and what you took from it was that PA was the problem with retaining Whit? Lol... might want to re-watch it.

At the time, it was 100% a bad move no matter how many times you want to pretend it was "hindsight". They got rid of a guy playing at a All-Pro/Pro Bowl level for Ogbuehi even after watching how terrible he was in 2016.

The Patriots drafted Jimmy Garroppolo in the 2nd round because Tom Brady was going to be 37 that year. Tom Brady kept playing at a very high level, so did the Patriots let Brady walk off to a different team so they could start Jimmy G? NO. They got rid of Jimmy and Brady played for 6 more seasons for them before the wheels fell off. They won 3 Super Bowls with Brady after drafting Jimmy G.

Don't get rid of players performing at their peak for unknown unprovens. It's not hindsight. It's common sense. They didn't even have a massive injury like the Colts did with Manning to explain away their incompetence in handling the situation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - 3wt - 06-04-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - 3wt - 06-08-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - McC - 06-04-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - TheLeonardLeap - 06-05-2020, 04:07 PM