Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia
(06-18-2020, 01:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Bolton could have testified during the impeachment and he backed away. His decision to sell a book may have cost the country thousands of lives (although, I am not certain that Pence's response to COVID would have been much better, but at least I don't believe he would have made the situation even worse, as Trump has.)

Granted, that assumes that Republican senators would actually do the right thing and remove Trump from office had they heard this book's contents under oath...

Which is far from a guarantee. In fact, I'd assume its possibility approaches 0%.

LOL Bolton is not going to help Dems in any way. By NOT doing that, he leaves open the possibility of working for future Republican pols and "expert" commentary on Fox news, as Trump falls out of power and more on the right begrudingly recognize what a disaster Trump was for the party.

Hard for "the left" (people of center and liberal persuasive) to understand that for Trumpers, Hillary and Nancy are not preferable to national decline.

Agree Pence would NOT have made the COVID pandemic worse. He would have listened to medical advice. I doubt he would have so dismantled the CDC. The messaging would be so much clearer and national coordination of policy, testing and supplies much better.

Republicans were certainly a regime party in January and February. I'm guessing maybe two or three in addition to Romney would have voted for impeachment. But I think that regime party discipline is eroding now as Trump's numbers go down and some senators are in danger of losing because of their affliation with Trump. Still there, but eroding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia - Dill - 06-18-2020, 01:56 PM