Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the NFL should address the national anthem controversy
(06-18-2020, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I think the easiest answer is not to play the national anthem before any game.  But I know that suggestion would set off a shit storm.

Right, if you drop the anthem now it's going to be criticized (by people who have been upset for 3 years already) as removing respect for veterans and history because you as an organization don't have the guts or patriotism to crack down on disrespectful bs from your over-paid crybaby athletes.

I think the NFL has done enough, because people who buy into the notion that players taking a knee is done due to a hatred for the USA and/or veterans have their minds made up and are going to tune out en-masse. Sadly, the XFL doesn't exist and NASCAR isn't the ally they thought it was. Ok, I'm editorializing here, but I assume they are bummed they don't have a side sport they can threaten to watch more after they give up the NFL. Thankfully, we live in the USA where anyone who works hard can make his own billion dollar industry with nothing more than hard work, so there will be an NFL for real Americans soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the NFL should address the national anthem controversy - Nately120 - 06-18-2020, 11:35 PM