Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Trump doubling down on racism?
(07-02-2020, 03:36 AM)Dill Wrote: That's not going to be "overt" racism to many Americans.  I know someone who doesn't want black people living near him but is sure that is not "racist."

He knows that the majority of the US is white. Is it possible that he really believes such divisive tactics will force enough white votes?

He has seen his poll numbers falling, and despite all the clamor about fake polling and threats to Fox and CNN, he knows what those numbers mean. His handlers certainly do. He has had opportunities to salvage his presidency this year, but he has taken the wrong turn almost every time, and likely against the advice of his handlers. 

My guess is that, knowing he will win even less of the popular vote this time around, his final chance is to motivate his demographic(s), make sure they don't just attend rallies and post on Facebook, but actually vote. He hopes has still got the bright red states and can win the battleground states this way--by turning out more voters in those demographics.

The Right Wing News machine appears to have his back here, churning out story after story of riots, looting, and defunded police departments.

Could "THEY" be taking over"?  

I think as we get closer to election this will combine with attempts to keep the more numerous Biden supporters home. That tactic produced the margin of victory in the last election.  I don't think it will this time, as so many people now it matters who is president, but that's what Trump hopes.

As one Biden advisor said yesterday, Trump is currently running a "a flailing, losing campaign". It certainly looks to be off the rails, even relative to 2016, but all it takes is 100,000 apathetic voters to swing an election. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Trump doubling down on racism? - BmorePat87 - 07-02-2020, 03:52 AM