Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous people from your (small) hometown
(07-10-2020, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When I think of Xenia, all I can think of is, "The Tornado!" I was only 7 when this happened, but I still remember it all over the news and fearing that it could happen here. Of course, I've seen some episodes on TV from people explaining how it was so calm before the tornado hit. Ironically, everytime it stormed, then the sun came out and it was dead calm, people feared for the worse. The calm before the storm.

A great aunt of mine died in that tornado. I was at her house like a couple weeks before it happened. Every time I see or hear anything about Xenia I think about it. 

Anyways, Roy Rogers spent a large part of his early years growing up not to far from my home town. Gene Tenace again grew up very near me, his dad worked with my dad for a time. I've still got a baseball he got signed for me by most of the 1972 A's.

Don Gullet grew up right across the Ohio river from me. Larry Hisle and All Oliver are from Portsmouth. As is Kathleen Battle. Earl Thomas Conley is from West Portsmouth.

Going back to baseball Branch Rickey is from Portsmouth as well.  Reds fans will recognize Gene Bennett longtime Reds scout. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Famous people from your (small) hometown - bengalfan74 - 07-12-2020, 08:10 PM