Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It is more outdated, but it is the best choice category for comparison purposes.

That may be your opinion, but that isn't the best choice for providing useful statistics. I've already laid out two reasons as to why it does muddy the waters. You may refuse to accept that, but that's your choice. I'm coming at this from a field within political science and I can say that without a doubt, using the 2016 election results provides a much easier to define categorical divide than the party of the governor. There are too many flavors of Democrats and Republicans for it to be beneficial.

Hell, I don't even know what it would look like if we broke states down by Gov. I'm just of the opinion it would be more interesting/valid than seeing how states voted 4 years ago when Corona was just a beer you drank with lime.

Unsure what I've refused to accept. Seems you've refused to accept my assertion that using Govs might be a better measuring stick to use when analyzing data based on states when the Feds have deferred to the states. 

Now if the Feds made laws that all must follow then I'd say using a federal election is the "best choice". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - bfine32 - 07-15-2020, 09:54 PM