Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-19-2020, 03:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh no that was "extreme exaggeration" on my part.  Cool 

I think you meant to type "intentional exaggeration".  Glad to see you don't really view what's going on as Gestapo like though.

Quote:As to the rest your post is there for people to see.  You used Seattle to justify what is going on Portland and you said you were fine with what the officials were doing and with the Federal government sending them in to a city without the city or state requesting  them or wanting them.  And you did so by ignoring that they are taking people without proof of a crime and ignoring the videos of them beating medics for no reason.

I would ask that if you're going to quote me than actually do so.  What you typed here is not true.  I stated I am fine with federal law enforcement arresting people for federal crimes as long as the arrests occur as required by policy.  Please refrain from deliberately misstating my position in the future, it's against the ToS and definitely against the spirit of the new P&R.  Things are going rather well with the reboot, kindly do not ruin that.

Quote:When you can pigeonhole your responses to "I agree they are absolutely right to do this..." while ignoring everything else you are supporting the everything else also.  The rest of us are against any possible "right" that might be being done when the outcomes are also so bad.

You just used quotes to indicate I said something that I did not say.  Kindly amend your post to exclude the quotes.  I would, again, point out that this response is not in keeping with the spirit of the new P&R.

Quote:And, again, for a group that believes their 2A rights cannot be violated they sure are quick to agree on all the 1A violations and police brutality that has gone with it.

Of course 2A rights can be violated, it's done on a daily basis.  The first amendment guarantees you the right to "peaceably" assemble.  Not sure what adjective you'd choose to use for what's being going on in Portland, but I have a hard time you, or anyone else, would choose "peaceable".  Also, if the arrests are being conducted per policy, as I have stated should be the case from the beginning, then they are almost certainly not violating the Constitution.  Policy is well vetted by legal experts before being approved, it would be very odd for something as blatantly unconstitutional as you are describing to make it past all those lawyers and be enshrined in policy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-19-2020, 03:51 PM