Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-24-2020, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Doing nothing wrong...but "ordered" to leave while doing nothing but defending his 1A rights so now he is "resisting"....so pepper sprayed and beaten.

Some people don't seem to see how that is the problem.

I'll explain since you don't seem to understand how this type of thing works.  Violent protesters are throwing rocks, bottles and explosives at police.  The police set up a "no mans land" between them and the protesters to prevent injury to themselves.  As the projectiles are being hurled from within the crowd it is virtually impossible to determine who is throwing what and entering the crowd to try and determine this would be dangerous for all parties involved.

Navy vet, well intentioned or not, goes in to said "no mans land" to lecture the police (this is by his own admission, the lecture part that is).  Police inform him he cannot be where he is and must leave.  Guy refuses.  He is instructed again to leave.  Guy refuses.  Law enforcement has a three tiered system in this regard, ask, tell, make.  At this point we are in the "make" phase.  While I agree, and have repeatedly stated, that the baton strikes were not necessary and were excessive, the pepper spray got him to leave the area, as instructed.

I'm sure you have a different view, that the police just saw this dude and said, "lets get him!", but that really doesn't make sense in the real world.  I know I haven't changed your mind, but hopefully other people reading will see why this likely occurred instead of just swallowing the media's narrative of the incident.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-24-2020, 12:39 PM