Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-07-2020, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Good research.

If I were a member of the NRA I'd be beyond pissed and looking for any other group to take my support/money and represent my desire to protect the second amendment.  Of course the NRA silenced all of those from the big stage because they were run by a group who didn't care about their members or the 2A...just about collecting money.

If they can be dissolved something else will fill that void.  Just might take time.

Well, there are already groups out there that would step up to fill the void of the fight for 2A rights, and many gun owners frustrated by the mismanagement of the NRA have already shifted to those groups. SSF and I have discussed this very thing on here in the past. None of them have the history or reach of the NRA, but that could change. I think the biggest void that will exist is the one that the NRA has really filled from their beginnings: teaching firearm safety.

The NRA is still the standard for firearms instructor training in this country. It's actually something that has aggravated me for a long time. I used to be an NRA instructor so I could teach Scouts how to shoot. I let it lapse specifically because of my many disagreements with the NRA and my desire to not give them any of my money. There really isn't another organization ready to take up that mantle. It'd be nice to see something like the CMP get a new mission and the resources to make it happen, which could keep the fight for 2A rights divorced from that mission which would allow for a more apolitical system. But this is wishful thinking on my part.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Belsnickel - 08-07-2020, 09:21 AM