Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-07-2020, 09:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd think their instructors would still be out there though, right?  

I'd also think that even with that their instructors varied from place to place.  I agree that having a national standard is the way to go but I know from personal experience that the further the teacher is from the head office the more the instructions can vary.

And I fear that any group that takes up the 2A battle will also see how much money can be made and be jumping in for the wrong reasons too.

The issue is that while the instructors would be out there, their certifications will lapse. Also, instructors come and go, so who will certify new ones? For instance, to be a BSA instructor, you have to certify through the NRA, first: https://www.scouting.org/outdoor-programs/shooting-sports/

So if there is no NRA, that void needs to be filled. The NRA has been doing it for a long time, so those shoes would be difficult to fill and the infrastructure would be difficult to set up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Belsnickel - 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM