Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-07-2020, 01:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding me.  If these guys committed the alleged acts then they absolutely deserve to be punished accordingly.  As I said earlier, LaPierre has been an incredibly divisive figure within the NRA and millions of members would likely be happy to see him go.  What I find utterly disturbing is using these actions to attempt to dissolve the organization as a whole.  As I said in my first post in this thread, if that was the standard we'd have dissolved Congress long ago.  Prosecute the criminals all day, that's your job and good on you for doing it properly.  The minute she decided to attempt to dissolve the organization entirely she made this a political issue.  Some may say this was inadvertent, I highly doubt this.  She's intentionally using the fraud of some in upper management to attempt to destroy the organization.

It's all good and thank you.

I addressed this earlier with my NATO comparison.  IN this instance I don't agree.  The NRA has become divisive because the left (yes I'm using that nebulous term) made it a priority to smear them and paint them as an organization that wants children to be killed.  Rebranding is enabling and encouraging that type of strategy and I am 100% dead set against that.

I understood, I was just finding a clever way to present dissolution as a legal option. I know your position is that the penalties should rest with those who committed the fraud (and possibly monetary sanction for the NRA?) but not the complete dissolution. 

Of course there's no legal ability to dissolve Congress.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - BmorePat87 - 08-07-2020, 01:16 PM