Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-08-2020, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed.  Perhaps that is because they have been and your single example with the ridiculous "question" about it defending the peaceful ones is something that I would expect from other posters but not you.

Single example?  Someone has memory issues.

Quote:"obvious".  

What "caused" the deployment of Trump's Goons was Trump running for reelection and wanting to "look tough" because as we see his actions haven't done much if we believe your posts.

Or it could be the nightly attacks on the federal courthouse that were allowed to occur by the local governemnt.

Quote:I'll need a citation of where the mayor defended looting and violence.

Sure.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/riot-declared-portland-mayor-crowd-feds-disperse-tear/story?id=71937598

"I want to thank the thousands of you who have come out to oppose the Trump administration's occupation of this city," Wheeler told people gathered downtown near the federal courthouse, according to the Associated Press. "The reason this is important is it is not just happening in Portland ... we're on the front line here in Portland."

When you join a group that has routinely engaged in violence and make statements applauding that group,, you are obviously condoning that group's activities.  The, "occupation" and "front lines" comments were especially interesting, it's almost like he's describing a war.  As someone who routinely, and often correctly, attacks Trump's choice of words I would imagine you'd have some issue with this.  Oh, and then his group got tear gassed.

Quote:Or maybe there isn't one and you are simply putting all protestors together because you don't like what they are protesting.  :andy:

Sadly, for both of us, I don't have to make anything up in this regard.  You defend people who engage in violence on a daily basis.  But it's ok because you approve of what they're protesting/rioting against.  t.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-09-2020, 12:57 PM