Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-10-2020, 10:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Significantly smaller but still a very large group.  Regardless, the fact is the protests turn violent on a daily basis.  If you're still attending these protests you do so in full knowledge of this, consequently you are, at the very least, tacitly condoning what happens.  Let's put it this way, you and I attend a protest for a cause we care about.  It starts out peaceful but several days in a not insignificant number of the people protesting with us turn violent.  After a few more days it becomes apparent that this is happening every day and will continue to happen.  Do you still go to the "largely peaceful" protests earlier in the day?  I certainly wouldn't as I wouldn't want to be associated, or seeming to condone, the daily violence that occurs later in the day.  At the very least you're emboldening the violent protesters who take support from the large number of people present earlier in the day.

I disagree. This logic is strikingly similar to the logic of the ACAB movement.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Belsnickel - 08-10-2020, 11:05 AM