Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(08-11-2020, 09:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/how-deadly-is-covid-19-for-children-here-s-what-we-know-1.5023528

Just a little perspective.  No children are not immune, but they are extremely low risk according to this article, and unlikely to transmit to adults if asymptomatic.  I don't know what CTV news is so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

You’re right kids are low risk and most pediatric cases will most likely be mild. That’s why my wife and I agreed to let our daughter attend traditional classes instead of distance learning. But, since Georgia has seen a rise in Covid cases over the summer all classes will be online for the first three weeks and then they will reassess.

Our school district is 30K+. If we use the numbers from your source that means three kids will probably die from Covid. Three kids out of the entire school district seems reassuring until it’s your kid. The risk seems acceptably low enough for us. But, that’s the crux, isn’t it?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-11-2020, 12:36 PM