Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(08-11-2020, 12:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re right kids are low risk and most pediatric cases will most likely be mild. That’s why my wife and I agreed to let our daughter attend traditional classes instead of distance learning. But, since Georgia has seen a rise in Covid cases over the summer all classes will be online for the first three weeks and then they will reassess.

Our school district is 30K+. If we use the numbers from your source that means three kids will probably die from Covid. Three kids out of the entire school district seems reassuring until it’s your kid. The risk seems acceptably low enough for us. But, that’s the crux, isn’t it?

It was one out of ten thousand infected, and we may not know how accurate that is as literally only one child of the 7000+ known cases in this area died, and there is no information on anything else about her.  Obviously it's one area, it's a fair amount of people to go on I suppose.  These are children who actually had it, so I don't know that it should differ a lot based on local behavior such as mask wearing and distancing, but I'm horrible at statistics and everything that goes into what constitutes a valid group so....

Edit: And I get it, if you are the one or the three or whatever, then none of this matters. My son will be going away to college this year. (Hopefully) He lost a lot his senior year, and I'm not taking this away if he wants to go. If you run a macro environment based on the micro, you're never going to do anything again. That's my opinion anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 08-11-2020, 12:59 PM