Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?

Quote:The Cherokee County district — which has an enrollment of 42,000, of whom over 30,000 are receiving in-person instruction — recommends but does not require students to wear masks.

But the superintendent said in his statement that wearing masks may help prevent the closure of more schools.

"As your Superintendent, I wear a mask whenever I cannot social distance," Hightower said. "We know all parents do not believe the scientific research that indicates masks are beneficial, but I believe it and see masks as an important measure to help us keep schools open."

“When we announced plans to reopen schools with options of in-person learning and Digital Learning at home, we made clear the challenges that came along with this choice for our families,” he said.

Prior to the reopening of schools on Aug. 3, some teachers and parents protested the district's plan.

In July, dozens of demonstrators, including teachers, protested outside a school board meeting, according to Georgia Public Broadcasting.

And some teachers resigned before the school year started due to safety concerns, according to the Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News.

One of them was teacher Allison Webb, who worked at Sequoyah High School.

“Out of 2,000 students in this school, 1,500 will be returning in person — without a mandatory mask requirement,” Webb told the news outlet in late July, saying this frightened her.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 08-13-2020, 10:11 AM