Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech disclosing he was gay
(05-31-2015, 09:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can understand the desire to bring it up in the speech, but if you are told no then that should be the end of it. I don't see it as selfish and we don't know the entire context enough to know whether it was actually "failing as a leader." But when he was asked to remove it he just should have.

All of that being said, I would not be surprised if the principal violated some privacy laws by outing him to his parents in the manner he did. I don't know what the guidelines are like on the high school level, though, so I couldn't say for sure. But even if it isn't a violation of anything, it's a dick move.

Like Pat siad though...when its about a prayer there's a huge uproar and many have simply lied and included it anyway.  (btw, nothing says "religion" like lying.   Smirk)

I get he still has to follow rules.  I don't get why they refused to acknowledge him at all.  He did the work for the honor.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech disclosing he was gay - GMDino - 05-31-2015, 10:14 AM