Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty
(08-15-2020, 01:13 AM)Benton Wrote: It's kind of irrelevant.

Trump's term ends on Jan. 20. If there's no federal election, the line of succession falls to Chuck Grassely. Even though he's a Republican,  the GOP doesn't want that as it would give the Dems a majority in Congress. If there is an election and Trump doesn't win... his term still ends. He can claim to be POTUS all he wants, but at that point, he's subject to local eviction codes from the White House and has no real authority over the federal branch.

Which, personally, would be $%@&ing hilarious if the land developer/king of bankruptcy got evicted.

I'm still curious as to what would happen if there is no federal election. Even if the presidency fell to Grassley, that would at best be temporary. Would states have to appoint electors and just let them vote?

I get that Trump is subject to eviction and has "no real authority" after Jan 20. Bur earlier this year I also got that whistleblowers are protected and Trump cannot use the military against US citizens.

My question is, what do you make of all the energy Trump is currently devoting to fouling the election before it takes place, creating pretexts for disavowing it and apparently weaponizing institutions like the Post Office, convincing his followers that the deep state coup is still ongoing. 

Do you see this energy simply dissipating as we near the election. Will some millions who believe Donald lost because of a coup grumble a lot and protest a little and then accept the election results and go home? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty - Dill - 08-15-2020, 03:07 AM