Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-15-2020, 12:24 AM)samhain Wrote: Sad for sure, but not quite as sad as people believing in human-animal hybrids being bred to feed liberal prostitution rings or JFK Jr hiding as a covert operative.  They straight up believe shit that isn't real.  Riots will subside.  Stupidity, however, will last forever.

The right doesn't have a monopoly on stupidity though.  

I don't know were you guys find these people that believe in all that stuff.  Maybe they exist on right wing message boards, but I do not frequent them.  I live in a really conservative Texas town of around 250,000 and no one I talk to goes for any of that.   

I understand there are some real cavemen in the ranks of Trump supporters, but he didn't get 48% of the popular vote on that.  There are still genuine, hardworking, decent Americans out there who love their country and hate seeing what is happening to it.    

I try only going off of what I see in real life.

The rednecks carrying the AR-15's that were protesting the shutdown were goofy as hell.  I'll give you that.  At this point, people who refuse to wear a mask in public are trolls, I'll give you that too.  The tiki torch carrying crowd are embarrassing, but besides being an obnoxious presence they don't do much other than march, for obvious reasons.  

Radical leftists, on the other hand, are actively terrorizing innocent business owners and pelting those they disagree with on college campuses.  They are assaulting police officers with projectiles when the officers are literally just standing there making sure they don't wreck the place.

The radical right is currently shut down by societal convention, which is a good thing.  The radical left, OTOH, is emboldened because they feel they have the backing of all types of mainstream media, big technological corporations, professional sports, colleges, and politicians in liberal cities.  

I promise you the average person sees this.  If it wasn't for Portland and Chicago, Biden would be leading by 15 points right now.

What happened to Floyd was terrible, but it was looped on television nonstop for a whole week and the msm made it out as if the entire police force everywhere was like that Minnesota cop, which is a blatant lie.  They overplayed their hand and created a monster.  If by some miracle Trump somehow pulls this out, what's been going on in these cities will be the nudge that tilted things in his direction.        
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Von Cichlid - 08-15-2020, 03:14 AM