Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban
(08-16-2020, 01:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What if multiple people invade your home (which happens)?  As the saying goes, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.  Why would anyone be against a law abiding citizen owning such an item to defend themselves?

I appreciate that some people think themselves highly trained marksmen who will hit every target they aim for in a stressful situation.  Unfortunately, reality tends to be somewhat different.

As I said, you don't prepare for the statistical likelihood, you prepare for the worst case. Also, while the study showed the situation ended in 5 shots or less, IIRC, it wasn't necessarily that the assailant was dead, or even wounded, they also could've just run off. This was something I read years ago in some firearm publication. I wish I remembered more about it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban - Belsnickel - 08-16-2020, 03:33 PM