Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-16-2020, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: LOL.  You got me.  

Honest question though, as I've been curious for awhile.  I'm not going to jump on you either, because it matters not.  Reading some of your posts, such as the one where you got riled about Nazi-punching,

I don;t think violence is ever a reasonable reaction to speech.

Quote:the ones where you deny white nationalist violence being a problem (and school shootings, but not relevant here),

I've never said they weren't a problem.  I've said they aren't the problem they are frequently purported to be.

Quote:and the ones where you continue to highlight left wing violence and downplay any sort of issues on the extreme right,

There are plenty of posters here who will highlight any such right wing issues.  There aren't many who will do the same with the left.  Your perception is driven by my desire to be equal, not by my political bent.

Quote:I just have to ask: do you identify as a white nationalist? If the answer is yes, I swear I will not respond in any way.

Not even a little

Quote: You just seem really, uh, OK with the Proud Boys and such.  Maybe white nationalist isn't the term.   Alt-right maybe?

Nope, I'm just about fair treatment.  You can't vilify people marching while condoning people throwing rocks and explosives.  Well, you can't logically do so.

Quote:Not being a smartass.  I just notice a tendency and have wondered.

I'm sure, which is an indication of how far we've fallen that someone striving to be fair and middle of the road is perceived as such.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-16-2020, 07:06 PM