Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-16-2020, 07:21 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Check the following article:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/03/21/its-not-just-you-new-data-shows-more-than-half-young-people-america-dont-have-romantic-partner/

Young people just don't get any anymore.  I don't know if they are too risk averse, can't handle rejection, or what. Maybe the young guys are scared of trying to pick up women, so they take it out on small business owners.  I don't know.  

When I came of age in the 90's, this was all we cared about as teenagers.  "Where is the party, whose getting the beer and weed, and whose going to invite the chicks?"  We didn't give a sh1t about social justice or climate change.  

I am glad I am 41 right now instead of 14, that's for sure. 

It's not just young people though... We're more interconnected than we've ever been, but a large portion of Americans struggle with loneliness, and even feelings of isolation... It's probably amplified over the last 6 months or so.

I read a book back in college called In the Absence of the Sacred. It was written by a guy called Jerry Mander... Interesting name. Anyway; the book was a great read. I'd like to read it again with hindsight, but it basically covers the ills of technology on human kind.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - jason - 08-16-2020, 07:32 PM