Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Homeland Security, I saw firsthand how dangerous Trump is for America
(08-19-2020, 12:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think he suggested that. You can't credibly claim that droves of Trump supporters do not dismiss facts for the lies he tells. 

An AP poll found that 40% of Republicans have a "great deal of trust" in his words, the same percentage of Republicans who believe scientists if they state something as fact. 72% of Democrats believe scientists in those situations. 

It's a sad state of affairs when we have to treat outright fabrications as reasonable opinions because it might "fuel" the continued spread of falsehoods, especially now that we're going to be seeing some QAnon proponents, endorsed by Trump, enter Congress after winning their primaries in strong red districts.

I don't disagree with this assessment, and I certainly lament the lack of reliance on science (although I will say the same lack of reliance on science is on display in the anti-vaxer and other movements).  What I am pointing out is that you convince no one and you win over zero people by labeling them as clueless rubes as certain posters here consistently do.  In fact, such tactics almost always solidify these positions for those who feel they are under attack and make them even more rigid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At Homeland Security, I saw firsthand how dangerous Trump is for America - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-19-2020, 01:03 AM