Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Homeland Security, I saw firsthand how dangerous Trump is for America
(08-19-2020, 01:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't disagree with this assessment, and I certainly lament the lack of reliance on science (although I will say the same lack of reliance on science is on display in the anti-vaxer and other movements).  What I am pointing out is that you convince no one and you win over zero people by labeling them as clueless rubes as certain posters here consistently do.  In fact, such tactics almost always solidify these positions for those who feel they are under attack and make them even more rigid.

I assumed the nearly 30% of Democrats fell into the anti-vaxxer related umbrella. 

I don't think Dill is directly speaking to any of the 40% who trust Trump, but you are right that speaking down will cause them to be more entrenched. As a species, we're more likely to select "facts" to confirm our world view than shift the world view. We can hope to educate the next generation of people. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At Homeland Security, I saw firsthand how dangerous Trump is for America - BmorePat87 - 08-19-2020, 01:21 AM