Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-23-2020, 02:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I got his point, I just reject the premise.  People are responsible for what they do regardless of who is POTUS.  An interesting extrapolation from that position would be that the left reacts to the other side being in power much more violently than the right.  One could certainly view the premise from that angle, if one more so inclined.  

I didn't disagree with the bolded.

I just noted that more people are personally responsible for rioting under the Trump presidency than were personally responsible for rioting under the Obama presidency, which did not see widespread civil unrest and protests in every major city and continuing for months, though it certainly saw some in Baltimore, Ferguson and Oakland.

So no one is suggesting anyone knock a few months off jail time because Trump was president.

Someone inclined to hypothesize that "the left reacts to the other side being in power much more violently than the right," would want to explain when "the left" has ever been in power in the US (or at least the left-without-quotation-marks"), and in this case why it waited until May of 2020 of the Trump presidency to react. A good hypothesis in this case would also explain why other more direct and apparent causes should be ruled out, causes that appear to operate no matter which "side" is in power.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Dill - 08-23-2020, 09:03 PM