Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Catholic voters support Democrats?
(08-25-2020, 03:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They don’t. But while they haven’t, they are well within their rights to say it is a sin to vote for someone who actively supports abortion.

This is the language I find interesting. I don't know of any politician that actively supports abortion. I know of those that actively support access to abortion, but that is distinctly different. Every single pro-choice individual I know would like to see abortion numbers go down and they support family planning measures being more widely available because those have been proven to reduce the number of abortions, but they think the decision on abortion should be up to the individual.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Catholic voters support Democrats? - Belsnickel - 08-25-2020, 09:10 AM