Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Catholic voters support Democrats?
(08-25-2020, 02:57 PM)samhain Wrote: My thoughts exactly.  I like the traditions and and most of the official doctrines of the church.  It's most of what I know of religion because it's how I was raised.  I'd go back if for no other reason but to re-connect with family history.  I just can't overlook the other thing.  It's way too pervasive and way too horrific.  When the diocese of Covington (NKY) released their list of credible abusers a couple of weeks ago, no less than four of them were at my church/school when I was a kid.  4.  And several more before and after.  What person in their right mind would send their kid anywhere near a place with that kind of track record if religion weren't attached?  If you were at a Catholic institution as a child, it's not just possible that you were around predators, it's somewhere between highly likely and certain.

I was raised Catholic, and attended Catholic school for elementary.  I personally wasn't a victim of a predatory Priest;  However, I found out many years later, that a cousin of my same age was abused as an Altar Boy.  Like many of my generation, I wandered from the church as a young man.  I tried going back in my late 20s through early 30s, but the more revelations of evidence of abuse and cover ups by the church that came to light, I just finally decided that the hypocrisy was too much for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Catholic voters support Democrats? - SunsetBengal - 08-25-2020, 07:04 PM