Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-28-2020, 09:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup and they need to handle their own cities. We don’t need to be sending any federal troops.  I don’t like the idea of sending federals into states, and as far as I’m concerned the states can handle it or not handle it and live with the results.

I'm in this camp as well.  If you send in the Feds you do have the chance of things calming down and the residents seeing you as the guy who cleaned things up.  The other side of that coin is that you now gave the local Democratic leadership an out, they can now blame you for their failures, which is exactly what happened in Portland.  Unfortunately for Portland the protests continued unabated after the Feds left so that didn't stick at all.

So I'm also of the opinion that you let the local Dem leadership fumble around trying to cater to a riotous, looting mob of arsonists while simultaneously trying to appear like they're actually doing their job and serving their constituents as a whole.  The Dems enabled this toxic stew, let them boil in it.  I just feel bad for the poor residents of these cities, but you get what you vote for I guess.  I realize that puts me in the same boat here in Los Angeles, but thankfully we haven't reached that pitch here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-28-2020, 11:20 AM