Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-28-2020, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know if the NRA has a "right" to exist as it is or not.  I do know that people will go to great lengths to defend people who stole and lied and cheated them because they are afraid of something else happening that those people did nothing to help with in the first place.

Find one person here who has stated anything remotely like this.  I've pointed out, numerous times in this thread, that LaPierre and his cronies are deeply unpopular with the rank and file NRA membership.  I've posted an article from a NRA mega-donor outlining exactly that, why it happened and how to fix it.  Got any examples of these people "going to great lengths" other than those conjured up in your head?  As your comrade Dill would say, post some proof of your allegation.

(08-28-2020, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: "Conservatives" (not the real ones) will be flipping out over the ACLU defending the NRA.  After all that group only defends "liberals"!

Nah, I doubt that.  You'll probably largely hear something along the lines of, "they got it right for once".  The ACLU used to be a defender of civil liberties from both sides of the spectrum.  They have gradually morphed into a more partisan, left leaning, organization.  But there's still enough of the old school mentality in the organization that they will balk at clear abuses of power such as the topic of this thread.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-28-2020, 11:28 AM