Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Medieval Movie
(08-28-2020, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I read a ton of books from the time, but I can never find a decent movie. Braveheart was great if historically wrong. I watched "Hal" on Netflix, and that was just awful all around.

There is a movie coming out based on the first book of The Bernicia Chronicles called The Serpent Sword. You are looking at very early Darkd Ages. 7th century. The trailer doesn't give me a lot of hope.

For TV shows, I thought Vikings was good for a while and then I lost interest. The Last Kingdom on Netflix is good, although I think the lead was horribly cast. It's based on The Saxon Tales. The time of Alfred and right after him.

Vikings was really good for the first couple seasons, but then it pretty much fell off a cliff. Once Travis Fimmel wasn’t around to carry the show anymore I bailed.

I love The Last Kingdom, and don’t really mind Alexander Dreymon. My brother who reads the books has told me Uthred is supposed to be much different physically (I guess he’s supposed to be huge?), but oh well. David Dawson was great as Alfred. I highly recommend this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your Favorite Medieval Movie - bfine32 - 08-23-2020, 12:48 PM
RE: Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Nicomo Cosca - 08-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Storer50 - 08-31-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Synric - 08-31-2020, 05:28 PM