Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-28-2020, 08:47 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Well, I agree its not just the youths.

Way I see it, none of these people can possibly have jobs that are participating in this crap.  That brings up the question of who is feeding them?  Who is sheltering them?  Who is clothing them?  

If they just knew a little about the struggle of man throughout the ages they would thank their lucky stars that they were born where they were and in the time they were.  There was literally no easier time to be alive than there is today in the USA.  (I don't want comparisons with Canada or the Scandinavian countries- their demographics and population densities make for a much more sustainable welfare state than the USA could ever provide for its citizens.)  There is much opportunity to provide for yourself if you are willing to learn a skill and live relatively clean.  I'm not saying it is easy, but it is still more possible now to live a comfortable, fulfilling life than it ever has been anywhere and anytime else in the vast, vast majority of the world's history.

I just do not sympathize one iota with any of these protestors.    

I wasn't around then, and I'm not sure you were either, but don't you suppose it was "easier" to live here during the post war baby boom? Families thrived with 1 income... The American people are not better off now than they were then. I get why people wanna go back to that or whatever, but it's not happening... In the USA anyway.

Of course I'm excluding certain groups who most certainly didn't have it better back then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - jason - 08-28-2020, 09:49 PM