Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-28-2020, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect.  By definition that is impossible.

It's not how I want to define it, it's how the English language defines it.

Actually, by his own statements he came to defend others.  Or are you saying you have a unique insight into his mind?  Glad to see you're on the "he shouldn't have been charged" side of the fence.

Do you condemn the rioters for attacking him and causing the situation?

Of course the flip side of that argument is that if no one had been rioting, looting and burning this wouldn't have happened.

You sound more bitter than sad.  But I do agree the entire scenario is sad.

Here's an idea:

Take a gun to a neighboring state.  Tell the police, when they thank you for being there to help them, that you are going to defend a random building.  Then when someone else who is legally carrying a weapon asks what you are doing argue with them and shoot them.

Or go inside a bank to help the security guards and do the same.

The guy was looking for trouble and found it then cried self defense.  Just like all the other cowards who play cop and end up scared and kill someone because they are actually prepared to do the job.

In this case I am sad.  Sad for the kid who went down that path, sad that we live in a country where there is a path that says carrying a gun makes you tough and sad that people are defending him as if he did nothing wrong other than be attacked when he put himself in that spot because he wanted to "defend" something.  The only way to defend something is if it is being attacked.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 08-29-2020, 08:36 AM