Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-29-2020, 07:04 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I am trying to avoid hyperbole here, I really am, but after 90 days in multiple cities it is plain as day to me that this is not about anything as relatively small as police brutality, or even general social justice.  This is an insurrection by the lower classes of society.  Like you said, there is genuine discontent, and I believe it is of the sort that will be unable to hear compromise or reason.  

I also think that even if Biden wins, that it will not stop.  Remember, these rioters hate what they perceive as the upper classes of society, and they will not separate Democrat from Republican in that regard.  After all, they are even closing in on the liberal mayors as well:

Honestly it seems more like it's an insurrection by the educated middle/upper-middle class youth (<30 y/o) of society. 

Then the lower class of society is just riding the wave as a cover to get free stuff. Or organized criminals using it as a smokescreen for their crimes (multiple instances now of people spreading false information on social media in order to stoke riots before there's reports of organized looting).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - TheLeonardLeap - 08-30-2020, 05:49 AM