Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Trump called WWI Marines buried in France "losers" and "suckers"
(09-03-2020, 11:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'm not saying he didnt say this, but when the sources are anonymous I am skeptical.

But the bit about McCain, it is believable based on what he said in 2015 in regards to McCain.
“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said in 2015 while running for the Republican nomination for president. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Now that was actually said. He also made similar remarks about George H. Bush getting shot down in WW2, because the Bushes criticized him.

It just keeps adding up. In his 1993 pre-nup with Marla Maples, Tiffany is cut off if she ever joins the military before 21 (or if she takes any job).

https://www.newsweek.com/tiffany-trump-child-support-payments-would-have-been-stopped-donald-if-she-joined-military-prenup-1442203

In his niece's recent book on Trump, she says that he threatened to disinherit Donald jr. when he considered joining the military.

The Atlantic has high journalistic (as well as literary) standards.  Far higher than the president's. I find it very hard to believe those sources were not vetted and re-vetted and then double-checked by editors.  I'd be skeptical of an article making those claims about Obama or Biden, of course, because neither of them has publicly disparaged military members as Trump has. 

As far as the quotes from the French trip, corroboration keeps coming in from different sources.

Picking a fight with Gold Star parents.  Who does that?  But Trump "hits back harder!" as his supporters say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Trump called WWI Marines buried in France "losers" and "suc... - Dill - 09-04-2020, 10:27 PM