Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(09-07-2020, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How was there no criminal trespass or disorderly conduct when they surrounded the Governors Mansion?  They did not have permission to be there.

Neither did the people in the gated community of the McCloskey's.  How many of those protesters were charged?

Quote:As far as "free speech" not all hate speech is protected.  For example burning a cross with the intent to intimidate is not protected speech and can be prosecuted.

Oh, the protesters burned a cross?  

Quote:If the 2A crowd had just burnt the effigy then I don't see a good case to prosecute, but when they followed up the burning with an armed intrusion on the private grounds of the governors mansion I think there would have been plenty of evidence that they intended to intimidate and cause fear.

If there was then why didn't the DA file charges?  Your story presupposes that the fact that the police didn't arrest anyone precluded charges from ever being filed.  I have to say, Fred, you display an odd amount of naivete where criminal law is concerned.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-07-2020, 11:17 PM