Poll: Did Trump do right thing by lying?
Yes.
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Trump do the right thing when he lied about the coronavirus?
(09-10-2020, 02:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I didn't get to read the first page because this thread is jacked up for me and it tells me it doesn't exist. So if this is repetitive, that's why.

It was the wrong decision. It was the wrong decision because it politicized the virus. The information about the virus was out there in the world and it was already in the US. By taking the approach he did, knowingly giving the wrong information that was contradictory to what the experts were saying, he ensured not only that there would be a sizable swath of the population that would not take the virus as seriously as they should have, but it made sure that the virus became a political football.

Yeah, there certainly is a sort of metamorphosis a subject takes as soon as Trump starts contradicting and throwing shade, so to speak.  As has been pointed out before, lying clouds things, but when you lie and then say that people who contradict you are lying then you are intentionally sending things into a zone of hyperbolic mistrust.

So I'm going to lie and then go on the attack and accuse the people I know who are being more truthful than me of being liars and even throw some conspiracy theories into the mix.  There...that outgha calm things down!  I'm the best!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Trump do the right thing when he lied about the coronavirus? - Nately120 - 09-10-2020, 02:33 PM