Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(09-12-2020, 01:35 PM)Dill Wrote: Speaking of "differences," is there any space between your elevation of Antifa to the central driver of civil unrest in Portland and "making excuses for the violent rioters"?
Your responses to Dino's informative posts imply there is really no daylight between those options.
Is the either/or really there, or is it simply a function of your continued framing of Portland protests/riots in black and white terms?

Antifa being the primary actor or not is not the issue and quite honestly is irrelevant.  In fact I don't believe I've actually made the point that all of this is antifa's fault.  They certainly took advantage of the protests to engage in their customary violence, but my main point is that the riots have been allowed to continue for months and that the local government have been taking a kid gloves approach to it.  I know your buddies only ever provide deep, well researched arguments, even when they frequently don't, but attempts to mitigate near nightly violence are not going to be received well by me, and likely the majority of others.

I will tell you what is black and white, the violence is unacceptable and should not be downplayed or explained away.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-12-2020, 01:56 PM