Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Lou Anarumo and the Defense
(09-13-2020, 09:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In all our anger and disappointment over losing a game the Bengals should have won easily there is one bright spot:  The defense.

Lou Anarumo needs a raise because his retooled defense held the Chargers to only sixteen points with two — Or was it three? — impressive goal line stands where Los Angeles had to settle for field goals.  I saw things I haven’t seen since Mike Zimmer was here:

1. Sure tackling.
2. Tight pass coverage.
3. Tight ends covered instead of running free.
4. Physical play.  I heard and saw some real hitting.
5. Stuffing the run.

The only two things I didn’t see were turnovers and sacks.  They will come eventually I’m sure.  

Allowing only sixteen points and losing is not good but the defense is mostly fixed as far as I’m concerned.

Yes, the D looked much better than last season that is for sure. The FA and Offseason really was a good one and helped 
this team. Thought the D would be ahead of the Offense early. Burrow and the Offense will come around. Not pissy about 
this loss, we played hard and the Chargers are better this year. They have a good O-line and some nice weapons and Tyrod
just doesn't turn the ball over much. 

Now lets beat the Stains handily, give Mixon the rock and shut down their run game. Punish Mayfield.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Props to Lou Anarumo and the Defense - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-14-2020, 03:58 PM