Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-15-2020, 07:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, the university made the idiotic decision of bringing the student body back to campus. This causes the population of my city to increase by about 20k people and they are coming from all over the country, and the globe, really. Then, because this increase in population is predominantly consisted of 18-22 year olds that having fully developed the good decision-making part of their brains, they engaged in behaviors that increased the risk of exposure to the virus. Every fall semester, we have what we term the "freshmen flu," as it is a virus that spreads across campus because of this situation during a normal year. With a pandemic situation, there was zero doubt this virus would spread around campus.

We did not even last a full week before our isolation rooms reserved for students were full, which was the trigger for moving to online classes. Surprisingly, to me at least, the virus did not spread to the non-student population very much. That has changed some and could very well change more as things progress.

Anyway, here is the graph of the 7-day average of positive cases in my city:
[Image: 119533387_10225035751386363_388364800248...e=5F8734DD]

We are seeing a slow down thanks to the move to online. Hopefully the administration won't make the mistake of bringing the students back to campus.

So what you’re saying is don’t send you sick students home so they don’t create an environment that is conducive to the spread of contagion after creating an environment conducive to the spread of contagion that got those students sick in the first place? Asking for my other friend.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-15-2020, 11:53 PM