Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 11:44 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It's just my opinion and as I said, it's not popular. 

It may not be popular, but my opinion is 1+1=3. Just my opinion. Don’t have any evidence to back it up. Don’t hammer me on it. I’m just being honest.

Opinions aren’t created equal. There are informed opinions. There are uninformed opinions.

Quote:With all due respect, "too many" is not a number. 

You already question the numbers, even suggesting hospitals are committing insurance fraud. Do the numbers even matter?

Quote:Again, with all due respect, the at risk population is not "anyone who breathes air". 

With all due respect, this pandemic is due to a novel virus which means every human is susceptible or at risk of becoming infected. Unless they have already been infected and developed immunity. Immunity which has yet to be determined if it is transient or permanent.

Then there is the population at increased risk for death

You’re wrong. Not an opinion. It’s a fact.

Quote:I will try to explain my thought process on this.  Please don't hammer me as I am just being honest and already stated numerous times that I realize my opinion is unpopular.

Population is 325 million.  Death toll at 200,000.  200,000 / 325,000,000 = .00061% death

As Matt has already pointed out, this isn’t how it is calculated. Again, there are informed opinions and then there are uninformed opinions and the two aren’t equal.

Quote:Nursing home deaths = 68,000+ and account for at least 40% of deaths.  Not just elderly, but elderly in nursing homes, so not out and about in the general population.

How did those nursing homes get infected if they’re isolated from the general population?

Quote:200,000 - 68,000 = 132,000       So general population of 132,000 / 325,000,000 = .00040% death

Again, not even how this is calculated. If this was Thanksgiving, you would be sent back to the kids table.

Quote:That is not even factoring in elderly not in nursing homes, elderly with comorbitities and any age group but with comorbitities.

I put the statistic in the original Covid thread which has been archived, but something like 60% of the nation across all age groups has at least one comorbidity placing them at increased risks of death due to infection from Covid 19 to include kids and young adults. I’m not looking it up, but that’s where you can find it to check my memory.

Quote:With all that factored in, that number starts to get incredibly small and the number of healthy people that actually die from Covid is miniscule.

Not a single one of your calculations are correct. Now you have proven you have an informed opinion based upon misinformation. If your opinion is based upon misinformation then it is invalid.

Quote:This is why I made the statement that the at risk group is not "anyone who breathes air".

Again, it’s a novel virus that no one has immunity to and 60% of the nation has at least one comorbidity placing them at increased risk of death due to Covid 19. These are facts, not opinion.

Quote:https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-nursing-homes.html#:~:text=More%20Than%2040%25%20of%20U.S.%20Coronavirus%20Deaths%20Are%20Linked%20to%20Nursing%20Homes,-By%20The%20New&text=At%20least%2068%2C000%20residents%20and,a%20New%20York%20Times%20database.

Cases.  6.61 million / 325,000,000 = .018% infected

https://www.google.com/search?ei=SRdiX6mMEciHytMP9-mU0A0&q=covid+casses+usa&oq=covid+casses+usa&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjIECAAQCjoFCAAQkQI6BwgAELEDEEM6BQgAELEDOgQIABBDOggIABCxAxCDAToCCABQ0RZY1itghy5oAHAAeACAAUuIAbYIkgECMTeYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6wAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjp1Mf-5-3rAhXIg3IEHfc0BdoQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

That’s known cases. What about the unknown cases due to a lack of testing? What about the CDC changing the testing protocol as recently as this month to further reduce testing for political purposes?

Quote:Based on those numbers, imo, it is insane to lock down, crash our economy, keep kids out of school, ruin livelihoods, etc.  And I have not even touched on all the ancillary problems and deaths that the lock downs have caused vs the Covid deaths themselves.  You can further break down that aspect quite a bit as well as the Covid numbers.

My opinion is that we should be fully open, no masks and targeted protection of the at risk groups.

Everyone of your numbers is wrong. Every. Single. One.

It would be like me giving one of your kids liver or kidney failure because I calculated the dose of their medicine incorrectly.

I respect your right to voice your opinion. But, let’s not confuse that with respect for the actual opinion based upon misinformation and faulty calculations giving erroneous results which ultimately = BS.

And you can’t make public health decisions based upon BS when “death is on the line.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-16-2020, 12:47 PM